Oil pipelines are essential pieces of infrastructure in the United States. Pipelines ensure that the oil gets where it needs to be. Unfortunately, there are times when pipeline explosions occur, and this can lead to significant injuries for any person nearby, including workers or bystanders.
At the Doan Law Firm, our team is here to help if you need a Houston pipeline explosion attorney by your side. We have the resources necessary to fully investigate these incidents, and our goal is to ensure that victims recover the compensation they need to get through this difficult time.
Call Today For A Free Consultation (800) 349-0000
Why Choose the Doan Law Firm?
- At the Doan Law Firm, we have offices in more than 40 cities throughout the country, and we have built a vast network of resources that we employ to help every client that we take.
- We specialize in mass casualty incidents like pipeline explosion accidents, and we have obtained tens of millions of dollars on behalf of explosion accident victims.
- We take Houston pipeline explosion cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not have to worry about paying any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they are entitled to.
How Will an Attorney Help This Claim?
After a pipeline explosion occurs, the vast majority of victims will not have the resources or legal expertise necessary to handle the entire case. A skilled oil pipeline explosion attorney in Houston can:
- Fully investigate the safety and maintenance records of the company responsible for pipeline management
- Review the equipment provided to the pipeline employees
- Review the training that pipeline employees had to undergo
- Work with state and federal regulators to help determine the cause of the pipeline explosion
- Ensure the client is evaluated by trusted medical professionals who can treat the injuries and help calculate total losses
- Fully prepare to take the case to trial if necessary to ensure their client is treated fairly
Houston Pipeline Explosion Injuries Can be Severe
There are various causes of pipeline explosions in and around the Houston area. In the vast majority of these cases, pipeline explosions are preventable and caused by human mistakes. Perhaps the most obvious cause of pipeline explosions our fires started in or around the pipeline area. However, there are also additional causes that we need to be aware of:
- Excavation work. Anytime there is excavation work going on near a pipeline, this could cause a leak or an explosion. Regulations require that any party conducting excavations properly identify pipeline locations before beginning their work.
- Defective safety equipment. All safety equipment must be installed properly or it could cause an explosion. If safety equipment has been poorly designed or manufactured incorrectly, this could lead to an explosion.
- Inadequate training. Every employee working on or around the pipeline must be properly trained and comply with OSHA standards.
- Poor maintenance. Companies that maintain pipelines must conduct regular inspections and maintenance in order to ensure the continued safe operation of the pipeline.
- Improper installation. The improper installation of pipeline welding can lead to leaks or explosions. Pipeline installers should always ensure that shut-off valves are present and working properly.
- Failure to respond. Anytime a pipeline worker or operator discovers a fault with the pipeline, this must be dealt with quickly to ensure the issue does not become worse.
Reach out to our Houston Pipeline Explosion Attorney Today
If you or a loved one have been injured in a pipeline explosion accident in or around the Houston area, reach out to the team at the Doan Law Firm for help as soon as possible. We have an extensive network of resources that we are ready to employ to help ensure that you recover the compensation you need. This can include compensation for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a Houston pipeline explosion attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 800-349-0000.